One way to be sure that you will live long in this world is to know the right diet for heart health. For sure, you have heard this claim before, since it is also the same thing that your friend doctor has told you the last time you paid him a visit. This is also the favorite subject of most health shows and is often featured in the numerous health related articles. Do you know the reason why the heart is considered the most sensitive and fragile part of our body? This is because once your heart stops doing its work, you might as well say good bye to this world, too.
Seriously speaking, it is very crucial that you are following the right diet that can improve the health of your heart. You need to take care of your heart in order for you to live long and enjoy life together with your loved ones.
To get things started, here are the foods you must eat more to improve your heart health and prevent serious illnesses:
- Healthy fats – olive oil, raw nuts, flax seeds, fish oils, and avocados
- Essential nutrients – breads, cereal, whole grains pasta and legumes
- Protein and omega 3s – poultry, shellfish, and fish
- Protein and calcium – yoghurt, low fat milk and egg whites
Below are some of the foods that you must monitor your intake or you must eat less:
- Trans fats derived from fried foods
- Saturated fats come from dairy products and red meat
- Sodium rich foods
- Egg breads, refined type of pasta, granola cereals and rice
- Bacon, sausage, red meat, and fried chicken
- Whole milk, egg yolks, yoghurt and cheese
By just adhering to the foods you must eat as well as the ones you must avoid, maintaining the health of your heart is already accomplished.